POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : 19th century schoolhouse [WIP] : Re: 19th century schoolhouse [WIP] Server Time
12 Aug 2024 05:30:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: 19th century schoolhouse [WIP]
From: Jim Charter
Date: 16 Dec 2003 17:37:27
Message: <3fdf8927$1@news.povray.org>
Jeremy M. Praay wrote:

> etc.  It's not going to be EXACT, but I hope to have a model (and scene)
> that's good enough for people in this area to look at it and say, "Hey,
> that's the old school on Colony Road."  That would make my day.

Old school houses exert a real attraction.  I think the meaning might be
different for everyone.  There was an abandoned schoolhouse near where I
grew up.  I would see it as I rode with my parents, to-ing and fro-ing.
  I would have fantasies about living in it or having and artist's
studio in it.  Then one year someone actually bought it and fixed it up
to live in.  The person was rumored to be an artist.  I was green with
envy.  Felt like my very fantasy had been stolen.  Currently I share a
studio in an old schoolhouse nearby.  Four stories walkup with very high
ceilings.  Sweaty but charming.